Monday, November 16, 2009

RPI next weekend

So hard on the heels of SLAW comes the larp weekend at RPI. I'm a little bit apprehensive about it, to be honest. I'm only playing in things, so I have significantly less prep work, thank God, but I still have to put two costumes together for To Kill a Vampire and Mystery at Hart Manor. I think I'm good for TKAV, though I seem to be missing my black shawl, but I'm not sure about MaHM. I should probably be wearing a red cocktail-type dress but I don't have one, nor do I really have time to look. I don't suppose anyone has anything like that in a size 0 that I could borrow? Probably not, huh? I guess I could just wear my black one, but I've been using that one in larps a lot lately. Ah, well, I guess as long as I look right it doesn't matter.

The circumstances of the journey itself trouble me most. It's a three-hour drive to get up there. My poor car Constantine is going to have a hell of a lot of miles put on him. I will be traveling, fortunately, with rigel and look forward to her company and the chance to chat with her. The length of the drive up to Troy, New York makes me wince, though. I have been advised to take a break, or multiple breaks if necessary, but if the driving to WPI this past Saturday took a toll on me physically, I'm sure going all the way to Troy will be even worse. I'll just have to be very careful. I also tend not to sleep very well anywhere besides my own bed; I vastly prefer my own space to crashing in someone else's. I know I'll just have to put up with that, but I'm a little concerned I'll have so many things to put up with that I won't enjoy things enough to have made it worth going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...