Tuesday, September 15, 2009

WPI Larp Weekend?

So I recently recieved an e-mail from nyren about the idea of a larp weekend along the lines of Festival of the Larps at WPI this coming November. I for one would be really happy to have another larping event to attend, particularly one that's a lot sooner than Festival and Intercon. It sounds as if this one would be a lot smaller scale-- after all, it can take a few years to really build attendance to a larp weekend, as we learned with Festival --so any games there would be more of the focal point of the event than at larger ones. I've already bid Oz, as a fifteen-player game that's only run twice before I figure that's a good choice. I am debating whether or not to bid Alice as well; I know there are people, at WPI and elsewhere, who still want to play it, but it's a twenty-seven-player game and what with four previous runs I'm not sure a smaller weekend is going to be able to fill it. I'll ask around and see what people think; I'd be more than happy to bring it if people believe there will be enough interest.

The really interesting proposition, however, is if we should bring Paranoia. As Nyren pointed out, at WPI Paranoia games go over really well, so perhaps this would be a golden opportunity to rerun Research and Dismemberment for a really enthusiastic audience. I will have to talk to my co-GMs. The game went pretty well the first time but it needs a significant amount of editing, so we'd have to commit to undertaking that before we could bid it. I would be up for it, any of you guys who are reading this-- let me know your feelings as well. But the weekend would be November 13th-15th, so we'd have to decide fast and get to work.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...