Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rather cook kosher than Jewish

Made an artichoke pie for Jared to have for lunch today; it is now sitting in the microwave waiting for him to come back from services. I think it came out very nicely, so I am pleased with myself. Especially after last night's Rosh Hashanah dinner, which unfortunately consisted mostly of dishes I couldn't eat.

I must confess, I'm coming to realize I am not really a fan of traditional Jewish cooking. There are really only four food items I am extremely unwilling to eat-- potatoes, noodles, bread, and straight milk --and three out of those four consistently tend to be staples of high holiday meals. Last night was mostly potato kugel and challah, to give you an example. As much as I want to be able to cook for my dear ones who keep kosher, I think I'd rather just figure out ways to kasher dishes of other styles than learn to cook authentic Jewish food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...