Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Midsummer Night and the Living is Easy

At long last I'm going to get to play in the Iron GM-winning game written by bronzite, londo, elenuial, and Eager Mike, (am I forgetting anyone? nyren?) A Midsummer Night and the Living is Easy. I've wanted to play in this game ever since the contest when they wrote it; I love the premise, and I have since heard so many good reviews from players that I am crazy excited. It's going to be running late on Friday night of WPI's Gaming Weekend, and thus far lightgamer has agreed to make a trip of it with me. I'm trying to get jh1230 to come as well, and Ryan or linearequation if they can make it, and make a little Brandeis contingent of it. I don't love the timeslot of 11PM to 1AM, especially since it's a forty-five minute drive to get there, but with a group I won't mind. I've been running so much lately it feels like I haven't played in a larp in forever, so that'll be a nice change of pace.

I am excited to see what Midsummer elements have gotten into the game. As you know I just played Puck, so I have an affinity for that character, but they'd probably cast a guy as Puck anyway if he's in there. I don't know if they're casting at the door or what, but if that's the case, given the film-noir aesthetic I know what I'm going to wear-- black cocktail dress that I wore as Wendy Noyes in the MCR2K, elbow-length black gloves (wanted opera-length, couldn't find them), black stockings with garters, and if I can get a hold of a cigarette holder, so much the better. Hmm. I feel like I need a diaphanous wrap or something, preferably in white for accent but black would work too. Wonder if I could find one on short notice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...