Thursday, August 13, 2009

Squash Parmesan

I wrote my very first recipe yesterday. Well, sort of. In the very loosest sense possible. I had all this squash in my fridge that my parents brought me from their garden-- one zucchini, one butterut, and one acorn. Not enough of any one squash to make a dish, so I wanted to do something that could use all three. Bernie suggested trying to make a squash version of eggplant parmesan. I couldn't find a recipe for one I liked, so I sort of figured out my own based on what I've learned about cooking squash and making the eggplant kind. I chopped up all the squash, then dipped the pieces in egg batter, then breaded them with breadcrumbs. I browned the pieces on all sides in a saute pan, then layered then in a pie pan with parmesan and mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce, and baked it in the oven at 375 for thirty or forty minutes. It came out really tasty, and I'm pleased with myself for going out on a limb a little and trusting my cooking knowledge to experiment a little. I know, that's about as little experimentation as you can do, but still. Baby steps. Tasty ones. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...