Monday, August 24, 2009

Oz bid for Intercon

Getting back from the most recent run of Alice has galvanized me for larp running. I shamelessly plugged Intercon while I was there, a con that a handful of them go to regularly but many did not know much about. I said if they enjoyed Alice, they should come play Oz, which I want to run there at J. And then it occurred to me that I never actually got around to bidding it yet. :-) So I just did. This game has yet to leave Brandeis, and given how positive this experience of taking Alice to Chicago was, I am interested in expanding my player base as much as possible. This is actually part of the beauty of Intercon-- the whole reason Alice got invited out to Chicago was because people from far away had a chance to play it at Intercon that they normally wouldn't have. And they went home and told their friends about it, and their enjoyment lead to this opportunity.

I also took a look at the other games that have already been approved. The ones I am currently most interested in include The Last Seder and Survivors of the Naronic. I've wanted to play The Last Seder ever since AE wrote it, but I seem to miss it due to another committment every goddamn times it runs. With my luck it'll go up during Oz. Ah, well, here's hoping. As for Survivors, it's a Brit game. I loved both Railways and Respectability and All's Well That Ends, so I'm inclined to expect good things from this one. I could really go for a good Steampunk game. Apparently its sequel, Ghosts of Urquhart, is also running, but I'd rather play the original first. There is also a Jungle Book-themed game-- the third installment of Will Wagner's Grimm Tales series --and I'm a huge Kipling fan, but honestly the little information there is about it doesn't wow me. I have a preference for doing filling three slots a con and leaving the rest of my time free, so if I could get into Last Seder, Survivors, and run Oz, that might just be perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...