Thursday, October 14, 2010

SLAW schedule is up, signups to open soon

The schedule for SFS Live Action Weekend has gone live! This Worcester version of Festival of the Larps will be going up the weekend of November 19th at WPI, and the schedule of games is now open for viewing. My compliments to nyren* and company for getting everything arranged-- thank you for your hard work, friends! Signups are to open this evening of October 14th at 7PM. I am very much looking forward to it, and those of you coming from my neck of the woods, let me know, as I am more than happy to include you in plans to organize a transportation caravan there and back.

Due to the extreme degree to which my schedule is packed, I elected not to run anything this year, and while I will miss the fun of seeing my games run, I am grateful that I will not have the addition burden this time around of planning and packing in preparation to GM. (Most of my games need a break from running anyway.) And that means, for the first time in many a con, I am totally free to play! Let us examine the schedule and see possibilities emerge.

Begin with Friday night. The choice for me here is clear. Though I have not played Mary Celeste, I was so thoroughly spoiled on it back before Festival of '06 (thank you, Jared and Mac ;-) ) that I am absolutely no longer eligible. No matter, that leaves Martha Stewart's Guide to Interdimensional Summoning and Basting a Turkey. I am not totally certain the "gimmick" of the game appeals to me, but I have heard good things, so I am interested in giving it a try. I do so prefer having a Friday night game. So, Martha Stewart it is.

On to Saturday. Looks like two light silly games in the morning (or "morning," rather, since they both start at noon) both of which look to be funny, a snippet of Alleged's "10 Bad Larps" series, and a Paranoid and Crotchey piece called Crochety Old Folks With Shotguns. Not sure which, if either, I will go for. Depends on how many other games I'm in, I think, since I don't like packing my larp weekends too tightly. Saturday afternoon, however, presents the toughest quandary to me. I've heard excellent things about both P&C's The Sound of Drums as well as laura47*'s Two Hours in London, and I'm interested in both. Gah. I'm not sure what I'll do there, but I definitely signing up for one of those two. Saturday evening, if I end up signing up for anything, will certainly be The Difficult Life of the Costumed Henchman. I've already played in acousticshadow2*'s Nepenthe A Surcease of Sorrow (which I recommend to the rest of you) and though I find Clarence hilarious, it's not my preferred style of game.

Typically on Sundays I do not sign up for anything, but I may end up making an exception this time. Not going for 'Tis No Deceit, as I have no interest in a game where I would be singing, or having to listen to other people sing. Already played in Diamond Geezers (another one I recommend if you haven't), but I've always been kind of curious about In the Jungle. I tend to not love excessively freeform games, but this one is written by writers I really respect, and two hours is not too long to just see what it's like.

Hmm. I am less settled than I usually am. But roughly my schedule will fall out like this:

Friday night: Martha Stewart, definitely
Saturday morning: either 10 Bad or Crotchety, if I don't sign up for an evening game
Saturday afternoon: either The Sound of Drums or Two Hours in London, not sure which but definitely one of those two
Saturday evening: The Difficult Life of the Costumed Henchman, if I don't sign up for a morning game
Sunday morning: In the Jungle, most probably

I hope to see you all there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...