Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Intercon K plans

So the schedule has gone live, and with the first round signup fast approaching, me and my fellow larp addicts must decide what we are signing up for.

Now my last several cons have been packed to the gills. I've certainly enjoyed them, but so much non-stop activity really takes it out of me. Still, this time it's looking like I'm going to have four out of five slots filled. I wish I could go a little lighter, but I'll probably end up in too many games yet again.

Friday night I believe my preference is The Clockwork Cafe; it looks really cool. The Anthropophagy Society looks weird and creepy and clever, though. And I only just noticed the Expedition games, apparently authored by zapf*. Curious, I wonder what those will be like.

Saturday morning I'm leaning towards Snaf University. It's become a Brandeis classic by now and I've never played it. Andy Kirschbaum's Peter Pan-themed Never, Never Again (did he also write Wonderland 2.1? Apparently he wants to adapt all the same children's stories I do) sounds interesting, but still, I think I desire to play in Snaf most of all.

The Stand is slotted for Saturday afternoon, so that's where I'll be. At least I find GMing to be a lot less intense than playing. So it'll be a little bit of a break. Somebody should sign up for this, yo. It has cowboys.

Saturday night I'm not sure what I want. Resonance is no longer an option as I've just recently agreed to be a writer monkey for it. Better Off Dead: The Necropolis Senior Prom looks fun, but I'm unsure. I'm signed up for Haz's two other games, one at SLAW and the other just at Brandeis, and I wish I had time to play one of them before the signup to see if I like the style. I guess my first choice at the moment is Game of Thrones: Blackfyre Rising. I'm a fan of the book series, but as I mentioned before, I am concerned the massive interconnectedness and meticulously detailed plot that makes me like the books will not be possible to duplicate in larp form. We shall see, I guess.

Sunday I will not play. I will hang around and sit on my ass and eat breakfast foods. This at least I am certain of.

I am uncertain what to use my first signup on. I believe Snaf is the smallest game I'm considering, and conventional wisdom suggests that smaller games will fill faster and therefore should be snagged early. But Clockwork Cafe, though large, is a Brit game, and those always go fast. I'm expecting Blackfyre Rising to be similar. I think I will go for Clockwork. If I end up locked out of either my Saturday morning or evening pick, well, at least I'll have a slightly lighter schedule. I think that is a pretty good preliminary plan.

What are you all thinking?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...