Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Simple hairstyling of which I am childishly proud

I like what I did with my hair this morning. It's nothing fancy, but it's more than I usually do and I am pleased with it. The old mane was an absolute horror when I woke up today, so there was nothing for it but to brush the hell out of it and confine it to a ponytail. My bangs were driving me nuts, so I wanted them out of the way. Normally I'm a wash-and-wear kind of girl and don't go in much for styling, but since today it looked painfully clear that the "wash" part of that equation wasn't really evident, I tried sweeping the bangs back, but not so far that they laid flat. Rather, they kind of puff up in front and give a little definition to the shape of my hair. This I affixed with a barrette and and a few spritzes of hair spray. Lo and behold, it has actually managed to hold its shape and I managed somewhat downplay the effects of my greasy Italian genetics. I wanted to show you what it looks like, but since in about eight thousand pictures I did not manage to take one that was either flattering or represents how I actually look with my hair this way, I will settle for an image that at least kind of shows what I did.


Bah. You can't really see the shape in front, which is the part I like about it, but none of the head-on shots really captured it either. At least I don't look like Grease Thing. Also, note my pretty new earrings, which consist of three pearls dangling on lines of silver, one white, one black, one pink. They were a gift from Jared's parents from their recent trip to Vietnam, and I like them very much. They didn't even know pearls are my favorite. :-) Cut out of the shot is the matching necklace, which I am also wearing today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...