Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tech week snags

So though it ultimately worked out okay, yesterday's dress rehearsal for Merely Players ran into quite a few stumbling blocks. We weren't able to get into Schwartz until an hour later than we were supposed to because of some rescheduled chemistry class in there. That was irritating, but what really burns me is that we may not be able to use the place on Thursday, our final dress rehearsal. Despite the fact that we booked it, it may have been given away to some other group by oversight. Stupid Conference and Events. I am frustrated because though I was willing to have been set to the lower priority for themajority of the process (I made sure Margaret always took precedence because it was a larger show that went up sooner, as well as the HTP mainstage) but I am not happy to have our arrangements screwed up at this late stage. Thursday is supposed to be the night that we have all of the waitstaff there as well to learn their duties and get used to how we have the spaced laid out, and their schedules are all busy enough that they don't have any time besides what I've already asked them to set aside. And the actors really want to have their Naked Tech, an HTP tradition before every show. I'm not sure we'll have time for everything if we've only got tonight before we go up.

On the bright side, once we actually got going rehearsal went very well. We got the space set up quickly, and the run through was very smooth and funny. We could bear it if we don't get that last rehearsal in. Still, I want that last night, and I want it in the space we're supposed to be in. If Conference and Events works with us, we will hopefully get the space at 9PM, which is technically enough time to do what we need to (and it would let me go to ballet, which I would otherwise be missing.) But unfortunately there's no guarantee we'll get even that. I suppose if we're not in there we'll just not bother with a run through and just talk out the pre- and post-show duties with the waitstaff. Things will be simple enough to execute that they'll be fine with just that. The show must go on, as they so, so you push through the snags and make do. Even if you're steamed about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...