Monday, November 28, 2011

Lesley woes

I am now back from my mini-break at home with my parents for Thanksgiving. It was a really lovely visit and a much-needed change of pace; while my regular life is packed with activities and responsibilities, my time at home is leisurely and restful, spent mostly cooking and going out with my parents. Now that I'm in Waltham again, though, it's back to the grindstone. Unfortunately, some of the grind has been and continues to be incredibly frustrating.

Lesley finally received my immunization records, except apparently having a Tdap in '92 and a booster in '07 does not count as having "a Tdap up-to-date within the last ten years." I cannot for the life of me understand why. I may have to drive an hour there and an hour back to fucking Rhode Island to get a new shot just so I can be allowed to register for classes. I am so frustrated I could tear my hair out.

I also have to prepare my workshop manuscripts for the January Lesley residency. Can't say I'm all that excited. I didn't particularly enjoy the last one, though at least the next one could not possibly be as bad. I don't particularly like workshops, as I feel like the critique is never free of smug superiority, or people who just don't want their manuscript to have been the one most torn at, so they make sure to tear a lot at everyone else's.

I am liking being in this program, but it sure takes a lot of pain to get to the parts I like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...