Monday, September 12, 2011

Please let this coming week be calmer...


At last, the week of ceaseless theater and theater prep is over. I went to all four shows of As You Like It, which turned out to be a thoroughly enjoyable production. There was lots of good acting and great humor as I was hoping there would be, and it was also nice to be reminded just how good Jared is. I haven't seen him act in a while, and I was incredibly proud of the performance he turned in as Oliver, the hero's wicked elder brother who reforms by the end to marry the heroine's cute cousin. He seems to have enjoyed it too, as they were a great group to work with and he very much liked his part. usernamenumber too is particuarly worth a mention in his hilarious portrayal of Touchstone who was easily everyone's favorite part of the play. My favorites of his line readings were his scary-heavy-metal-voice "DOTH MY SIMPLE VISAGE CONTENT YOU?" and "Thou art in a perilous state, shepheeeeeeeerd!' The picnic on Saturday made it even better. We ended up in a group of over twenty people, with lots and lots of delicious food to share. It doesn't get much better than combining three of the best things in the world, food, friends, and theater.

I hope this coming week is lower-key. Even if I'm enjoying the things I'm doing, constantly having to run from one thing to the next is a surefire way to stress me out. I'm still a little residually edgy. But on the plus side, I will soon be able to release the cast list for Merely Players, which I am very excited for. Had a very productive meeting with Dave to make sure we were on the same page, and I think things are going to work out very well. He was great to talk to and I think he'll be great for everyone involved in the show to work with. My parents are also coming in, and I know they're going to need my help with some stuff they need to get done while they're here. More work, I guess, but it will be nice to see them. Here's hoping I get a minute to catch my breath after the week I've had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...