Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Another goddamn migraine


Tuesday was ruined by another migraine. Though not nearly as bad as the one I had a couple weeks ago-- during which I would not have been surprised to hear I was actually dying --it set in painfully in the late afternoon on Monday. When I woke up very early on Tuesday and it hadn't gone away, I decided to just haul my throbbing head into the emergency room and get checked out. I used to never get these things, and now I'm getting them just weeks apart. They gave me painkillers and pumped me full of fluids and concluded I most likely didn't develop a brain tumor, but should get checked out by a neurologist just to make sure, and get myself an official diagnosis. In the meantime, I need to make certain I keep myself from getting dehydrated, which, whatever else is going on, certainly is making it worse. I have a weird tendency to not feel thirsty until I'm dry as a bone and so kind of forget to drink the way busy people sometimes forget to eat. I'm going to have to retrain myself out of that habit, as it's really hurting me in this respect. Anything to keep from having another day laid out in a pounding, naseous wreck, wondering if my brain was trying to gnaw its way out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...