Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jared in As You Like It!


I totally forgot to mention this, even though it's cool news and it happened a while ago now. Jared is going to be in a production of As You Like It! He will be playing Oliver, the wicked older brother of the hero Orlando who initially betrays his brother but ultimately learns the error of his ways. The production is being put on by Theatre@First, a well-regarded local company whom I first became aware of when I saw [info]oakenguy* in their awesome Shaken Up Shakespeare show, a pastiche of pieces by the Bard and reinterpretations thereof. To make it even cooler, [info]usernamenumber* is also in this show, playing Touchstone the fool, probably my favorite character in this play. I have a soft spot for fools, you know. :-) I think he'll be really great at it, which makes me even more excited to see it.

This is pretty cool because this marks Jared's first role with a company other than Hold Thy Peace. It makes me really happy for him that what he learned working with HTP got him to the point where he could audition for a Shakespeare play for a director who didn't know him and sufficiently impress that person enough to earn a part. The show will be going up September 8th through 11th, at 8PM the first three nights and a 3PM matinee on Sunday, at Seven Hills Park. I am planning on attending all the performances if I can, and would love to get a group together to go support Jared and Brad. HTPers, you in particular I'd love to bring along. So mark your calendars now and come out with me to see our lovely and talented friends. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...