Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dia de los Sobres approaches

Coming up this weekend is Dia de los Sobres, or Day of the Envelopes, the Saturday where [info]natbudin* and I run Resonance and [info]wired_lizard* and [info]mllelaurel* run Stars Over Atlantis back-to-back. We've got an excellent player group for both games, so I'm very excited both to run my larp and play in theirs.

I must say, Stars didn't immediately jump out at me. The blurb didn't give me a very good sense of it, and given that it takes place in a BDSM club I was concerned the subject matter might not be my cup of tea. But Tory and Lily are really good writers-- I thought The Sound of Drums was excellently written --so I wanted to give it a try. I just got my casting the other night, and from the looks of my character sheet there is something very interesting going on with the plot of this game, so I feel pretty good about it. I will be playing Rhiannon Sinclair, the author whose book reading all the characters are attending. Costuming shouldn't be hard, it's chic artsy-gothy, but I don't really own the pieces I'm picturing. I really wish I had a fitted v-neck blouse with drapey sleeves, because that would be perfect. Maybe I'll wear one of my scarves as a poncho over my mesh shirt. And then maybe my long black skirt I bought for Labor Wars on the bottom, with my black leather tall boots. That might work. I'll have to mess around, maybe give the Moody Street thrift store a quick look.


Jared and Bernie are going to be our AGMs for Resonance. Jared played the game at Festival and had a really good time, which pleased me to no end. Bernie will be in charge of the casting mechanic. We are running it very simply this time around, which was the original plan, but in previous runs there was a bit more managing and handling rather than just letting the data speak for itself. I think this way will make it go a little more quickly. Other than that, the previous run proved that the concept works quite well, and I think this group of players will be suited well enough to the material to give a very cool run.

It's nice to get some larping in the summer, which is typically a real dead season. Yay for roleplaying in my life again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...