Thursday, May 19, 2011

Studying iambic pentameter


I realize I forgot to mention this, and I wanted to make a point of doing so because I'm kind of pleased and proud of it. So my grad school program basically requires three classes a semester-- the class where you write stuff, the class where you write papers analyze stuff other people wrote, and a third, mostly independent class of your choice that is somehow interdiciplinary. So you know I want to make my focus the writing of plays after the Shakespearean style. After all the time I've spent studying how they work through classes and through their performance and production, I feel like I am mostly ready to make an educated attempt at this challenge. Th one crucial element I don't know if I have a strong enough grasp upon to proceed is the nature of that particular kind of poetry. Poetry has always been my weakest writing skill, and I've only studied it minimally. So I came up with th idea that my indepedent study could be into blank verse iambic pentameter, to support the final project I would be generating. My advisor loved the idea and matched me up with a teacher who only takes on one student a year. I am very pleased with the idea, as it will all tie together and make my final work better. I hope it's as helpful as I think it will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...