Monday, May 9, 2011

Fancy party achieved

Yowza. After that weekend, I am burnt. I literally did not stop doing things from my 8AM wakeup each day to my 2AM bedtime each day. So, non-stop activity and a fair bit less sleep than usual. It was great fun and I am incredibly glad I took part in everything I did, but I am as blown from these last two days as I have been from entire weeks in recent time. I am having a hell of a time focusing at work today, but fortunately the dumb little mistakes I keep making have not really hurt anything, and I have caught and fixed them as they occurred. Still, I really want to just go crash somewhere and bum around for the rest of the evening. My busy state came in part from helping beloved friends formerly of the Citadel move to their new place in Watertown, as well as a lovely jaunt to the International Steampunk City, but most of it was due to planning and preparing for my long-awaited fancy party.


The fancy party went, as I hoped it would, wonderfully. The food was fabulous, with much thanks to lovely helpers Gigi, laurion*, Michael, and blendedchaitea*, who heroically stuck it out with me the whole six-hour prep period. The outfits were lovely, all sharp suits and elegant dresses, and I made good on my threat to change outfits every hour. Everyone looked fantastic, but costuming highlights of evening come from the fact I have amazing friends who aren't afraid to shake things up-- no fewer than two couples, both the wonderful captainecchi* and electric_d_monk* and the fabulous thefarowl* and Plesser, came with the lovely lady in the sharp suit and the dashing gentleman in the elegant dress! It was so fun and funny and it amused me to no end. Also,lightgamer* and twilighttremolo initially showed up in pajamas to get me back for the one time they came massively overdressed for a regular old dinner party of mine because of a joke I'd made about "proper attire"-- well played, dear ones, well played!

I love throwing these things. I love playing hostess and showing my friends a good time. I wish I had room to invite every awesome person I know and the budget to feed them all! Unfortunately this may be my last large party for a while, as my new house Illyria will not have the same volume of entertaining space. Well... we'll see. Dinner parties will definitely continue-- in fact I'm seriously thinking of hosting one a week with a rotating guest list --and I still may be able to throw parties on a slightly smaller scale, though probably with a strict attendance cap. But I do so love entertaining, and really need to keep on with it due to the joy it gives me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...