Thursday, May 12, 2011

New glasses

I don't like my new glasses. My old ones were in such a state that replacing them was no longer really so much indicated and a necessity for continued life function, but sadly I couldn't find a flattering new pair that was similar enough to the frameless style I had been wearing. I liked them because they disappeared on my face, which pleased me due to a long-held desire to deny the fact that I need glasses at all. These new ones looked chic on the display, but I'm not sure the purplish half-frame across the top really suits me, at least the way the others did.

I don't love them. I think they make me look old, or tired at least, as for some reason the bottom edge of the lenses sometimes creates the illusion of bags under my eyes. They also are not totally adjusted properly; I walked into an eyewear store the other day and had a quick job done, which made them better, but not perfect. The nose piece is still a bit tight, behind the ears as well. Maybe I'll like them better when they don't give me headaches by the end of the day.


Maybe I should just give contacts another go. I have a hell of a time getting them in and out, which is why I've never bothered with them. But I've always hated the fact that I wear glasses, and how dependent on them I am. I don't know. Maybe I wouldn't feel so dull-looking then.

Blue today. Not sure if this is just a low mood, or the beginning of a slide back into the depression hole. Today, everything seems gray and unengaging, making me want to just go home and sleep for the rest of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...