Monday, May 2, 2011

Boston Olive Oil Company


So my parents recently discovered an olive oil and balsamic vinegar taproom in my hometown, a lovely store full of stainless steel drums containing various types of my personal gourmet addiction. They have fine oils from all different kinds of olives from all around the world, plus variations flavored with all manner of things like garlic, basil, sage, jalapeno, and herbes de Provence. They also have balsamic vinegar, aged to perfection, many of them flavored as well-- some favorites of mine were fig, vanilla bean, and lavender. My parents buy some for me on gift-giving occasions, and the last time I was home they picked up a couple of bottles that I sadly will not have until they drive up in two weeks, since I was traveling by plane and didn't have a checked bag to take them in.

But this past weekend Bernie took me to a similar place that's right here in our very own Boston. It's called the Boston Olive Oil Company in the heart of oh-so-yuppie Newbury Street, and it has everything I love about the place back home. It's fairly reasonably priced given the quality of the product, and though I won't be needing my own for a little bit, I know I will become a good customer of this place. I am willing to shell out to feed this particular addiction of mine. I'd like to get some others who love good oil and vinegar together to go there sometime, as it is quite a treasure to have accessible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...