Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween: success!


Halloween was a smashing success, filled with good friends and delicious food. I was cooking literally all day with the gracious help of katiescarlett29*, and produced five tasty fall-themed dishes-- pear and parsnip puree, squash soup, cornbread, gingerbread, and pumpkin pie --in addition to a spiral-sliced ham that was even more delicious than I hoped it would be. The costumes were also fantastic, highlights including in_water_writ* and 1takejohnny's Harley Quinn and the Joker, morethings5* as Dexter Morgan, electric_d_monk* in the full regalia of a Victorian countess, marigumi* and Matt as Hit-Girl and Kickass, and a Princess Bride-themed group that culiminated in lightgamer*-as-Inigo and nennivian*-as-Rugen's climactic duel to the death. Honorable mention goes to Plesser, in Scooby-Doo-themed scrubs, as Nurse Not-a-Slut (Even on Halloween), RN. And special thanks to nennivian* for decorating the living room. :-)

But now I am well-contented, but ridiculously tired. I was up late straightening up afterward, and had to get up for work this morning. Now I am seriously dragging. I would love to get a nap in this afternoon, but today I have errands to run, family obligations, and rehearsal in the evening, so I may just have to soldier on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...