Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The busy marches on

Feeling much better after a good night's sleep last night. I still need a long hot shower and enough mental wherewithal to put an actual outfit together before I'll feel totally normal again. I look like a complete schlub today; will have to change later in the day when I have the brain to do it. Didn't have time or energy yesterday to finish cleaning the kitchen, but I am resolved to finish it today. My bedroom could also use straightening up; whenever I get very busy, the less I attend to things like putting stuff away properly, so the place is uncomfortably out of order.

So with Halloween and the Wrathskeller now behind me, Winter's Tale becomes my primary focus. Despite having finished up with several major activities, my schedule remains packed. I'm trying to keep myself busy; it staves off the gloomies, don't you know. ;-) As of now, less than a week away from the beginning of tech week, I am feeling pretty good about the show and my part in it; despite some kinks with how difficult it can be to get a large group of people scheduled to be in the same place at the same time, the scenes I've gotten to watch are very sharp. We did Act III and the first scene of Act IV yesterday, and at first I didn't really feel on my game due to tiredness, but with a few times through I actually felt like I nailed it. The one thing I really want to work on is my upset when I'm leaving the baby in Bohemia and it starts to storm. I never really felt like I hit on the right level of emotion; I always feel a wee bit flat. I shall have to practice that before we run it again.

Fortunately there is no rehearsal for me tonight. My dad is in town on business, so I will be having dinner with him and Casey. After lunch with bronzite, which I am looking forward to since I have not seen much of him lately, I am hoping to get my chores accomplished, and then spend the evening with the family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...