Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Stand has filled!

Hooray, The Stand has filled! And not only filled, but with lots of lovely friends and great larpers I am very honored are willing to devote a slot at Intercon to playing my little game. I promise to do my best to make it worth your while. And totally not precast everyone I know... ;-)

SLAW is this weekend, and I totally spaced on costuming for it until last night. So I spent a half-hour before bed digging in my closet and drawers trying to pull stuff together. Martha Stewart should be easy enough; it takes place at a business conference and my character is human, so business attire should suffice. I'm planning on using my red blazer over my white wrap blouse and my black suit skirt. Tights and plain black heels will finish it off nicely.

The Sound of Drums proved a lot tougher. It's a tribal game where we're supposed to dress as if we made our garments out of the things we could gather or hunt, and I was pretty much at a loss. Then I found the brown bikini I wore as Bast, and dug out some of my more earth-toned scarves and pashminas. My first instinct would be to just wear the bikini with the large brown pashmina tied at my hips like a sarong, which would be vaguely in the milieu, but my character is an old woman and I think dressing like that would look way too young. I guess I could white my hair and thrown something else over my shoulders with that to age it up a bit, but it's not perfect. The other alternative is to wrap the brown pashmina around myself like an appropriately crude dress, tying two corners of it behind my neck and then something around my waist as a belt. Not sure what shoes I would use; maybe I'd just go barefoot.

Clarence it probably doesn't matter what I wear, but I'd like to think of something halfway appropriate. I'm playing an AGM, so perhaps "street clothes" appropriate to the period would work. I could wear the long black skirt I bought for the Labor Wars with a nice button-up blouse over it, maybe with the lace shawl over my shoulders.

In the Jungle I guess I need to look like a street kid. I think for that I'll go with ripped jeans, my oldest tennis shoes, and my rattiest sweatshirt, probably the white hoodie at this point. I don't tend to keep my worn-out clothes, except for one set to use for working in like during tech week, so my options will probably be limited on what looks appropriate for this part.

I guess all that's not bad for not thinking about costuming until two nights before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...