Monday, August 9, 2010

Intercon lineup impressions

Since mllelaurel* and offside7* did this, I am inspired to write out my own first impressions of the games on the current Intercon lineup.

The Ducetown Diner - Doesn't jump out at me. MacDougal games tend to be hit or miss for me.

10 Bad Larps: C-Section - The 10 Bad series is hilarious, but I tend to prefer reading them or watching them to playing them. Also not too into playing on Sunday morning.

A Game of Thrones: Blackfire Rising - I love the book series, but it's so complicated I am nervous about how it would translate to a larp. Might fall short of high expectations for me. Still, a possibility.

Aces Over Arkham - I'm leery of a sequel when I haven't played the originals. But the concept sounds pretty cool.

Archangels - I have learned that I tend not to enjoy excessively "freeform" games.

Battle For Control of the Soul of the GOP: The Next Generation - Ehhh. Not so much for political or political satire games.

Better off Dead - The Necropolis Senior Prom - I have never signed up for one of Haz's games before because they always seemed too gimmicky for my tastes, and usually the gimmick doesn't appeal to me. That said, people have seemed to enjoy them, and the gimmick of this game is more interesting to me than previous ones. So it's a possibility.

Clerical Error - Doesn't jump out at me.

Divus Ex: In Nomine Mexico - The one Divus Ex game I played in was one of the most boring larp experiences I've had. This probably isn't the same author, but I'm too wary of the name by now.

Dustpan - Doesn't jump out at me.

Galaxy Comics Presents: Identity Crisis - Superhero games can be fun, but I find the description confusing. I'm not getting a good picture of what playing this game would be like.

GhostFu: The Jade Emperor's Celestial Tournament - Amusing concept, but seems a bit too silly for me.

Grimm Tales: The Immortal Jade Court - Doesn't jump out at me.

HOBOTOWN - I've been hearing a lot about this game and I'm intrigued. A possibility.

Interesting Times - I have no interest in playing a musical game. The whole concept is unappealing to me. I didn't play in 'Tis No Deceit for the same reason. I'm sure people will enjoy it as much as TND, but it's not for me.

Kind Friends Together - I've heard it's a good game, but again, it's not for me.

Magic Eyes - Doesn't jump out at me.

Michael Clambino's Bowling Night - Heh. I like mobsters, and this might be some silly fun.

Resonance - This game looks awesome,and I am intrigued to see how they make the concept work. High on the list.

Sands of Al-Ashtara - I have some reservations, but the premise sounds good, and I enjoyed Redemption: High Noon at the Devil's Luck. But since it will probably run at Brandeis later, I'm thinking I will wait until then.

Snaf University - Have been waiting years to play this game. Heard it's fun, and it's such a Brandeis classic that I really want to get it under my belt already. Seems odd to use an Intercon slot for a Brandeis game, but it's run so much I might not get another shot.

Speed Dating - No. Not my cup of tea.

Stars Over Atlantis - Sounds like an interesting game, but I'm not sure it's my style. I really respect the writers, though.

The Clockwork Cafe - A steampunk game written by Brits? Yes, please!

The Devil's Karma - Heh. Sounds fun, but might be too intense for me.

The Election - Again, not so much into the political satire.

The Perry Stringer Show - Not to my taste.

The Stand - I might have to have a little something to do with that.

The Yellow Fleet - Again, not so much with the politics.

Three Nations - See above, several times.

Victoria Junction - Interesting premise, and I think I see some Brits involved, but I'm not sure the format of the game speaks to me.

So right now, I think I am most interested in, at least tentatively, A Game of Thrones: Blackfire Rising, Better Off Dead - The Necropolis Senior Prom, Hobotown, Michael Clambino's Bowling Night, Resonance, Sands of Al-Ashtara, Snaf University, and The Clockwork Cafe. And some people might be expecting me to care a little bit about The Stand, I don't know. ;-) We'll see what the schedule lineup looks like to make some decisions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...