Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Friends moving in, friends moving out

Another thing I did this past weekend was help blendedchaitea* dye her hair. She had this charming-looking bowl of mushy greeny-brown paste that apparently is how one prepares henna for use in dying, and after plonking her in the bathtub we proceeded to work this mess into all of her very long hair. Then, once she was thoroughly be-mudded, I am not joking when I say that we wrapped her head in plastic wrap before we swaddled it in a towel. I had no idea that was what dyeing with henna entailed. It was a messy process, and she had to be awkwardly bent over the entire time. But she amused me to no end by saying, "See, I knew you were the right person to ask about this, because you understand that beauty is pain!" That I do, my dear, that I do. :-) Her hair is now a lovely auburn, with some lighter redder streaks toward the front. I think it suits her.

Move in day at Brandeis is fast approaching a week from today, so soon Rachel will be leaving Elsinore to move into her new dorm, and nennivian* and aurora_knight* will be taking up residence with us. I am sorry to see Rachel go, as the current arrangement of people has been more pleasant for me that it's been in a long time, but I am confident that Charlotte and Jane will make things just as nice. It is odd for me to be so optimistic about a roommate situation, but I am actually looking forward to having them. :-) How's that for growth and progress, eh? I am planning on making myself as available as possible to help Rachel pack and move out and Charlotte and Jane move in, in hopes of making things a little smoother. Hopefully the leaving and entering will be staggered enough that people aren't running into each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...