Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Charlotte, arrived!

Elsinore is now in possession of a Charlotte! She arrived in the afternoon yesterday, and despite the rain we managed to get her things into the house safely. Spending time with her as she got her things in order was very nice; I am feeling really good about having her as a roommate. Jane, as it turns out, will not be getting in until midday today, and with any luck I will be home from work in time to help her out as well.

It turned out to be a good day for socialization, something I have not had overmuch of in the last several weeks. After all of Charlotte's things were brought into the rooms in which they will be stored, I spent a lovely evening hanging out with at various points Charlotte, Steph, Caitlin, Emily, Plesser, and Plesser's younger brother Ben (newly arrived as a student at Brandeis) as Charlotte arranged her bedroom. The Plessers arrived after I offered to feed them when they went to a dining hall and found it closed. I made them open-faced burger sandwiches, due to my abundance of the mail-order burgers sent to me by my dad, but at the time having only one bun. While having to pull a dinner out of thin air on a moment's notice is not a challenge I'd like to face every day, I am flattered that they thought of me as somebody who could be relied upon when they needed to be taken care of. It was a lovely evening of chill, low-key socializing, which I enjoyed very much. Goodness me, how I missed these people.

As a side note, I'm very tired of the rain. It has been raining for days. I dislike such weather; it makes me inclined to hole up in a warm dry place such as my bedroom and not emerge until the deluge has passed. The one advantage is that today was the first day I got to wear my smashing new leather trenchcoat that I got off of eBay. Between the coat, my knee-high boots, my shoulder bag, and my belt, I am simply armored in leather today, and I like it! Makes me feel dangerous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...