Friday, June 12, 2009

Bah, gravy.

After numerous tries in recent meals I have prepared, I am forced to conclude that I cannot make gravy. I just... don't ever seem to really pull it together. The pan is too hot, the roux won't come together, I don't let it simmer the proper amount of time-- always something like that. I like to blame it on the fact that I usually have to use Smart Balance instead of real butter, but that's not the whole story. It must be genetic. My mother, who can make, like, lobster bisque and osso bucco and other crazy hard stuff like that, can't make gravy either. It's probably because being made of carbs and fat and sugar it's just something that we healthy-eating nuts have such a mental block against that we can't work with it. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...