Saturday, February 7, 2009

Vegan dinner

In one of my literature classes, Professor Flesch is in as a guest speaker, talking about the possibility that Claudius and Gertrude may have had an affair before Hamlet Sr. died, and therefore the chance that Hamlet was actually the son of Claudius. I am amused and interested.

Light night I experimented with the vegan dishes that jh1230 enjoyed so much when his professor from last semester threw a class dinner. We made artichoke pie, carrot and pear soup, and witticaster handled the mocha cake. Jared and I had to wrestle with the old Cuinsinart when it came to the soup, but it worked out in the end, and he was a really big help putting that together. As for the artichoke dish, hey, I've never met a pie I couldn't tackle. I was impressed with Mac's baking skills; cakes are hard to make from scratch. She also whipped up the most perfect homemade icing, which is something I always have a hard time pulling off. While normally I don't really feel satisfied without some kind of animal protein, I liked this dinner. It made me feel much better about having lightgamer and twilighttremolo. They're such good company I wanted to show them a good time. I don't know how often I can make myself leave out any kind of meat dish, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't work on adding really substantial vegetarian dishes that complement the carnivorous main one, so it's still a full meal if you don't eat meat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...