Monday, February 9, 2009

Return of the bad idea

Got started on my Magical Realism paper. Don't have much yet, but hey, every little bit helps, and the night is far from over.

Unfortunately, I'm somewhat distracted by other things. Remember this post, when I bemoaned my brilliant yet lame idea I had? I am plagued yet again by it. I guess by now I should say what it is. I'm a huge Talespin fan, and ever since Bernie so kindly made me a gift of Volume 2 DVDs, I've been watching a lot of the show. And since immersing myself in it, I am overcome with a desire to run a one-shot set in the Talespin universe based off this fantastic Talespin fan fic I discovered a while back. The setting of Talespin, in case you don't know, is anthropomorphic animals set in a pre-WWII tropical city at the height of the aviation age, and I find it very fun. It's a sort of Indiana Jones-style adventure, a great story, and a really great plot for a tabletop game. It would be easy as pie to adapt. I've even got ideas for pregen characters to play in it.

The problem I'm not sure who exactly wants to play in a Talespin one-shot. It's a great universe in my opinion, but on the cartoony side, and while I find that part of the charm, it may not appeal to everyone. Also, I really should be working on Oz or Paranoia instead. I don't actually think it would be that hard to write, but still, time is time. And I have no idea what system I'd use. Maybe GURPS, but I don't know it all that well. I'd have to figure that out, which takes more time.

But I think it would be fun. I'd love to do it. I'm just not sure I could/should get it together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...