Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Progress

So the script is done; logged three hours and fifteen minutes on it. Of actual work, anyway, I can't count the periods I zoned out in front of Law and Order and wasn't actually writing. Big thing off my list, and made a little bit of cash. Nice. I need to remember to deposit my last check; I think it's still sitting in the drawer at home.


I also put another touch on my cat costume for LXHS. Currently it consists of a black leotard, black tights, jazz shoes, cat ears, and a long length of fluff I'm using as a tail. I had this idea to put stripes on the leotard to make it seem more catlike, so I bought a silver spray paint marker that would show up on the black. Considering it, though, I'm not a hundred percent sure I want to have stripes at all, it might look better to just be a flat black cat. So I finally decided to turn the leotard inside out and draw the stripes on the inner side of it, for two reasons-- so I could just use the black side if I decide I like that better, and so that I could have the leotard's right side look normal if I ever needed to use it again. I had to wear the leotard to make it possible to draw on it, with the aid of a long mirror, and drew two thick stripes across my back, little stripes around the outside of my arms, and a scribbly patch for my belly. The marker smells absolutely poisonous and has contaminated the entire second floor of the house, but I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I'm still not sure if I want to be stripey or black, though, so perhaps I'll just have to get people's opinions when I come back. When I decide I'll figure out if it's worth it or even possible to put stripes on the stockings. I'm not sure it will be, this marker might be too scary.

It's not that late, but I'm kind of beat. Maybe I'll try to learn some more lines before I fall asleep. I'm trying to stay productive, since I've got so very much to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...