Monday, June 11, 2012

Study in graphic novels next semester

Just got an email from one of the administrators at my school about my interdisciplinary study. Today she is going to be talking to a professor about being my adviser in my secondary study for the semester, which is going to be about the writing and creating of graphic novels! Last semester I attended a seminar on them during the residency, which alerted me to the fact that they would be an option for my IS. I thought that sounded great, so now I'm going for it. I'm a huge fan of the comic book form, so this is going to be really interesting.

The thing is, I will likely be expected to also provide images to go along with my script, given what a huge part of the medium they are. I can't draw well enough to support a whole comic, but it occurred to me that I might be able to use photographs. I could cast people I knew as the characters and have them model for the shots I would need. I really really like this idea, and I think it would be a lot of fun to do. I don't have an idea for what my piece would be about yet, but it would probably have to be realistic, set in the modern day, to faciliate the kinds of pictures I would be able to take. I have some ideas about the people I'd like to use as models, but of course I'd have to come up with a story first and see who fits the characters that emerge. The idea really excites me, so hopefully I'll come up with something good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...