Sunday, June 17, 2012

Choreography with Charlotte and Carolyn!

Yesterday I went to the Gosman dance studio with Charlotte and Carolyn and had a great time working on the Avengers-themed dance piece idea. I had all these ideas, images of what the dance would look like as I listened to the music, but I was having a hard time figuring out how to externalize those images into something physical. Charlotte and Carolyn were amazing with that. I'd tell them "blah blah random thing I was thinking for this section," and they'd be like, "Oh, what about this?" and bust out some really cool moves that worked both in a practical sense and the idea I was trying to get at. It was a blast, and they are super-creative. They worked together on Charlotte's independent study in dance, and did an amazing job, and they were just as amazing here.

We worked on I'm Alive by Shinedown, which I decided that the arrogant tone could only be suited to Iron Man. I thought it might be fun to have the song show that character bullying the Bruce Banner character into stepping up, getting involved in the hero game. I thought Carolyn would make the cutest Iron Man dancer, and I've already got some great ideas for her costume. But between the three of us-- mostly me babbling semi-coherently, and the two of them translating it into dance --we worked out the first forty-five seconds of the song! And it's good stuff, too. I'm incredibly pleased. We need to work out when we can do it again, because I am feeling incredibly energized to work on this.

avengers-assemble-inspired-by-soundtrack

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...