Friday, June 22, 2012

Overwhelmed

Tomorrow my residency week starts, which means the new semester will be on. I am a little nervous for having to be responsible for schoolwork again, especially since I've been feeling like I have too much work at my day job for the amount of time I have to devote to it. I'm only there for five hours a day because I want to make sure I have enough time to get homework done, but lately they'll given me several more sizeable responsibilities. I've been working on learning Open Air, a horrible project management program, and the other day I was sent to Connecticut to be trained on quote generation in Siebel. It's nice to be trusted, but it's getting to the point where I'm starting to have too much to get done in the time I can spend on it. I'm afraid of getting to the point where I start slipping, make my bosses think I'm not doing a good job anymore. The problem is lack of time. But I don't want to take on any more responsible hours while I still have schoolwork to worry about. I think it's time to talk to somebody about it, but I'm afraid that if I say I can't do what they want of me, they'll find somebody who can. It may not be my dream job, but I need something that will accomodate school for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...