Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I could be bonded in a nutshell and consider myself a king of infinite space...

It's rare that I remember my dreams anymore. I've heard that recalling them is often an indicator that you've not slept long enough to enter deep sleep, and since I tend to go to bed early and as soon as I get tired that's not usually a problem for me. But even if I do remember dreaming about something, once I wake up, knowledge of the substance slips away from me almost immediately. The only thing I am usually left with in that case is what I guess is the way I was feeling in the dream becoming the way I feel now that I'm awake.

Occasionally I have a nice feeling or an idea of a nice dream. Sometimes I even get inspired by whatever I dreamed of-- I am still delighted to think that when I needed an additional plot for The Stand, I had a dream about running a version of the game that included a storyline I hadn't already written in. And when I woke, I remembered what it was, and was able to use it to enrich into the actual game. That was cool.

But much more often I have bad dreams if I had any dream at all. And they are almost always about things that worry me, stress me out, or would be the worst thing ever if they actually happened. Not always things that I actually worry about in my real life because I know they're not likely to occur, but the things that would hurt me worst if they did. So sometimes, even if I don't remember them, I wake up upset with some worry or other that probably means that was the substance of the bad dream. And that happens a lot, far, far more than I ever have good dreams.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...