Saturday, July 4, 2009

Stress-reducing frivolity

Still furious. Oh, gentle Jesus, still furious.

 
Have been undertaking efforts toward physical self-improvement. Shallow, perhaps, I should probably be campaigning for emotional or mental self-improvement as a more productive use of my time, but it's quite effective as stress management and that's kind of what I need right now. I've been somewhat stressed out in general recently, and what with a recent jag of frankly blinding rage over a recent occurence, I am a little concerned about falling into my usual response pattern of not eating, not sleeping, and biting the hell out of my nails. So instead, I am making a concentrated effort to take care of myself. I am actually making marked progress toward a healthier and better-looking me, which pleases me and in turn mellows me out-- at least, in general, if not in this very, still rage-blinded instant.
  • I have been working out every day, and believe I'm seeing a difference
  • I have been eating healthfully and on a regular basis
  • I have been drinking more water to remedy my tendency toward chronic dehydration
  • I got my hair cut, which it drastically needed, and now it looks fantastic
  • I have been treated my acne regularly, and it's actually clearing up a little
  • I have been taking care of my skin so that it's soft and smooth
  • I have avoided biting my nails, and they actually look nice right now

I'm thinking of adding stretching to increase my knee flexibility, using lip balm on a regular basis, and nailing down an early-to-bed-early-to-rise sleep routine. I should probably add drink fewer truckloads of aspertame-laden diet Snapple and watch fewer hours of mindless television, but let's stick to achieveable goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...