Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Clarification

Since this has actually come up several times recently, I thought I'd clarify what the deal is with my Burn Notice campaign.

The Burn Notice-inspired Spycraft game I am running right now is designed to emulate the circumstances of the show. That means I have a core cast of characters that are meant to represent the characters on the show-- I have a Michael character, a Fiona character, and a Sam character, plus a Barry character who appears every now and then to do support things. I didn't have an open call for players in this game because it's intended to be an experiment for me-- to see if I can set a tone as a GM that the game will mostly be about roleplaying if I'm surrounded by players I feel comfortable with who feel comfortable with each other. I cast people I knew would not fight with each other or with me in roles I wrote to fit the scenario.

The upshot of all this is that everything is pretty carefully designed; I didn't mean for there to be much flexibility. I didn't mean to exclude anyone who's interested in playing; I just only had a few spots and needed people who would fit my chosen criteria, so I'm sorry if anyone feels left out. But this isn't really a campaign that people can join. That said, I want to bring people in to play recurring characters now and again, and possibly an exception may be able to be made sometime in the near future (I will talk to you if this turns out to be so), but for now, that's kind of the situation. Sorry for anyone who felt left out, I didn't mean to hurt any feelings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...