Friday, May 4, 2012

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark. Please leave a message."

Well, believe it or not, the Avengers movie just about lives up to the enormous hype. Our intrepid little band of midnight moviegoers had a blast last night seeing it, and despite nearly losing my phone and getting no more than two hours of sleep, I am pretty damn happy with the experience.

I will do a full, spoilery review shortly, but I just wanted to say how fun it was, and address how well it met my hopes and expectations. The story was good. The cast did have great chemistry. The balance of action and character was better than on EMH, though that's setting the bar pretty low, but while I could have used a smidge MORE character, that's mostly just out of loving what there was and wanting more. Cap was not really used as what you would call an entre character, but he still was well done, and he and Tony squared off exactly as I hoped they would. The BMF was a BMF, RDJ was as bad as bad boys can be, and Loki's bastardy was indeed magnificent. As for the beefcake, well, there were about a hundred percent more shirts than I had been hoping for, but a pretty man is a pretty man, and Steve, Tony, and Thor are very, very pretty.

To illustrate, I give you a pretty picture of Steve on a motorcycle.


Now I'll give you a prettier one.


Oh, bless you, smutty DeviantArt photo editors. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...