Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Assemble at midnight tomorrow!


Tomorrow is the midnight opening of The Avengers movie in Boston. The lovely aurora_knight* has planned a trip to go to Boston Commons to see the show at the earliest possible moment at its 12AM debut. I'm really excited for this movie. I thought the new generation of Marvel movies were remarkably good (Iron Man and Captain America), or at least significantly better than I expected them to be (Thor and Incredible Hulk.)  And the reviews for The Avengers have been uniformly good, from both film critics and fans alike, groups that approach comic book movies very differently but have demanding standards each in their own way.

Things I am excited for: the story is supposed to be good. The cast is supposed to have great chemistry. A better balance of action and character than Earth's Mightiest Heroes manages. The entre character is Cap, whose struggle I am extremely interested in. The hoped-for Cap-Iron Man dynamic. More of the BMF as Nick Fury. More of bad, bad RDJ as Tony. Loki being a magnificent bastard.  Also, YAY BEEFCAKE MOVIE!

Sorry, I have to bring it up. :-) How often is it that a movie is packed with a cast of fit, conventionally attractive men put on such display? Robert Downey, Jr. is a fox, Tom Hiddleston's a dark horse, there's some  Chris Hemsworth is classically beautiful, and well, how I feel about Chris Evans has been well documented in this space. I've already obsessed over all the pretty pictures from the Captain America movie, I need more material! Though I think his new costume looks stupid and he should spend as much time out of it as possible. Also, can I say how much I love that somebody looked at behemoth Chris Hemsworth and said, "You know what, he should be EVEN BIGGER for the next movie." He even gets prettier hair. <3

I'm also going to see it a second time on Friday, with a group of either repeaters like me or those who don't want to stay out all night on a work night. I am really grateful to Jane for putting this all together. She's the most excited of all of us. I even got her a little present to thank her. This is going to be so much fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...