Friday, May 25, 2012

Out with the cast

Gah, so little sleep last night. My body has a strong tendency to wake me up very early no matter how long I've slept, and while I usually am in bed my midnight like a good little no-fun worker Bee, last night I went out with the Holmes cast after our last rehearsal before we get into our performance space. It was very fun, and since I often am often reticent about socializing on short acquaintance, it makes me happy that I got along so well with this all-new cast. Especially since we went to a place pretty far outside my usual style, a dive bar with a too-loud band. Probably would have been sensible to go home a little earlier, but I was very much enjoying the company.

I got my hair done for the show. I had too much trouble on my own, so my mom suggested I go to a salon and have them put it up for me. The lady didn't exactly do the head-muffin I showed her in that picture, but she put it up attractively and gave me a gorgeous complicated bun in back. Unfortunately it was much more expensive than I thought it would be, so I am trying to strategically time when I get it redone. But people seemed to like it and think it looked right. I still don't think I'm ever as pretty with my hair up, but it was certainly more flattering than the head muffin. Our Moriarty is a gentleman named Paul who I like a lot, he's got a wry sense of humor and he's kind of hot in an offbeat sort of way, and he gave me his little rose prop that he uses early on in the show. I put it in my hair and wore it that way for the rest of the night, and when I tried to give it back at the bar after rehearsal, he told me to keep it.


We had headshots taken for the lobby board taken last night. I am not excessively happy with mine. Yeah, yeah, despite my love for people taking and desiring to take my picture, I never like how I look in photographs-- it's a complicated thing, this part of me --but I really don't think these came out. There's a lot of shadow on my face and I think I look distorted because of it. Plus my hair is up, which just never works as well. Bah. I'll just have to pick the best of the lot and obsess over it to myself.

We also took the plot-relevant picture of Irene Adler and the King of Bohemia, the scandalous image over which Irene threatens to blackmail the King and ruin his marriage. Me and Tom, the actor playing the king, looked adoringly at each other arm in arm until Tom realized that nobody in the audience would ever really be able to see the picture, so he started doing silly things. I think we did the pose from Titanic and a dramatic romantic dip. It was lots of fun. I love when I can laugh and joke with the cast I'm in. Especially given my solitary, introverted nature, I got really lucky with these folks. <3

Awkward shot of my head flower again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...