Friday, May 25, 2012

Daylilies, day 10

It's been ten days since I planted my three daylilies in pots on the deck. Two of them have made visible progress!


I've been watering them every day except for the days they've been rained on, and they seem to be coming along. The third one, however, is sadly still a stunted little thing. It came that way right out of the foil, so maybe it's just a bad bulb. But I'm holding out hope because it has a little green nubbin growing on it, and that nubbin seems to have gotten bigger since its planting. You can just barely see it in this picture.


So maybe if I'm patient and careful this will eventually develop into something that doesn't look like a little dead twig. And even if it doesn't, I've read that when daylilies get going they split off into multiple lilies that eventually need to be separated so they don't crowd each other out of their pot. If this one bites it, I'll just save the pot to move the divided lilies into when they need to be thinned out. But it makes me smile to see something growing that I put into the dirt!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...