Friday, March 16, 2012

Idea for a key necklace

Ideas to do and make things pop into my little head on a fairly regular basis, as you've likely gleaned by now. Ideas involving furniture or audio drama or fish dishes that tend to end up here on the blog in excruciating detail. Now I've taken it into my head that I want a key necklace, and since I couldn't find one that matched my typically exacting mental image of a simple piece with a big, elegant but not too ornate brass key on a long matching chain, I have decided to make my own.

To that end, I have made two inexpensive eBay purchases to attain the key-necklace-satisfaction I desire. The first arrived the other day in a padded mailer, the aforementioned big, elegant but not too ornate brass key.


It's about four inches long and heavy for its size, advertised as belonging once to the lock on a chest of drawers. I am very pleased with it. I have also purchased a chain of twenty-four inches to loop through it. I want one of those old-fashioned necklaces that dangles very low on the bosom, but that may be a little too long. I can always shorten if it I desire, though, so better too much chain than too little. When it arrives I'll put them together and wear it with some whimsical ensemble which you will be most assuredly privileged to see in photographs here. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...