Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Another Author Trademark of mine

Thought of another thing that crops up in my work a lot. Metatheater! I love, love, love metatheater. To Think of Nothing was my first stab at it, though the theater is the vehicle and the real point is the creation of any kind of art. I someday would like to write other works set in the same universe of that play, dealing with other themes of art and theater. Merely Players, however, really hits on it, being specifically about the process of putting together a production. I am hoping to adapt that idea into a short, funny two-hour larp that deals with the same themes, hopefully with as much humor potential. Making something metatheatrical automatically makes it more interesting to me, probably because I just like theater. I like making it, I like the process and the quirks and the environment of it, and I love it as an art form. So, in years to come when people are analyzing all the various facets of my work, they will surely declare a Phoebe Roberts Author Trademark to be Metatheater. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...