Thursday, December 15, 2011

I like this weird vintage Maidenform ad


I like this ad. I... don't really get it, but I like it. It's pretty and graphically bold, dynamic, interesting. But I don't know what they're trying to say here. Why would anyone use something that likens to in-your-underwear-in-public stress dreams to sell things? What is it supposed to mean that she's a "designing woman" (always hated that term) in her Maidenform bra? Is it... wish fulfillment? And the bra is the cause of it... somehow? I don't get it at all. Can someone explain this pretty but utterly bemusing vintage ad?

... Oh, my God! There are dozens of them! Some are about dreaming how pretty you are in your Maidenform, which makes sense to me, but others are of the same stripe as the one up top!


Is Maidenform supposed to, like, make all your dreams come true? At least... in your dreams? Wow, what a bra!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...