Monday, June 20, 2011

Responsibility is always a two-edged sword

I was just entrusted with the master key to the whole office. That means I can go anywhere I like and get in anytime I want under my own power, so it feels pretty good that they trust me enough to let me be the keeper of it. I like being deemed worthy to handle things.

On the downside, however, since I'm to keep it with me at all times, I just know that this means that someday the president of the company is going to call me on a Saturday and ask me to come let him in, and it will be in the middle of a larp where I'm playing a cat or a fairy or a swamp monster or something, and I will have to go down there and he'll see me in my weird-ass costume and I can kiss whatever professional image I've built up goodbye. :-P ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...