Sunday, June 12, 2011

Being the Batman

 

So obsessed with Batman Beyond right now, and I have a ton of things to say about it, but for now, I find myself struck with one thought in particular. I am experiencing quite the little-kid rush of envy for the main character Terry getting to be Batman's protege. I know, I know, there's violence and danger and sacrifice, but rightly now I'm really caught up in the coolness of it. I would want a suit just like Terry's, the very simple, sleek, streamlined design with the ever-so-slightly creepy profile. The suit increases your strength and reflexes to make you a more effective crimefighter, and to negate the need to be an Olympic-level everything the way Bruce was. But I wouldn't want it to look like me. I would want a suit that hid my real shape and made me bigger and taller and was built out around me so that my profile made me look like a man. I like how that would further obfuscate my secret identity, and I think it would make me scarier than if I looked like the little girl I actually am. And perhaps more than anything else, I don't really want to be Batgirl or Batwoman-- I would want to be Batman. I would want the power of that name and that persona. I would love the notion of going around my daily life, pretty little girl, looks so harmless, but actually being the Batman.

I know, I'm a little kid with hero fantasies right now. But damn it, they're fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...