Friday, March 20, 2009

Midsummer performances

Midsummer is reaching its conclusion this weekend, and I am more pleased with it than I expected to be at this point-- my personal performance in particular. I still feel like I'm just pretending to be the Puck Taylor envisioned, rather than actually feeling it and performing what that feeling would manifest as, but I think I'm successfully representing it at least. After all the stress and upest, Taylor seems pleased with the final product of his show, so I'm glad for that-- one of the things I struggled with most was giving him what he wanted, and it's a good feeling to know I eventually did. Jared was wonderful, as always, and I think the unusual movement demands helped him improve his ability to move onstage He's always been a very strong vocal actor, and this gave him an exercise in becoming a more physical one. Thanks to all the lovely people-- lightgamer, usernamenumber, bronzite, nyren*, contradictacat*, kamianya*, the Daves, and others --who were kind enough to come out and see us. It was very encouraging to hear positive responses after all the stress. I was particularly flattered to hear approval of how inhuman Jared and I looked as fairies. I hope I can keep it up, I'm starting to get worn out on the crawling. My body isn't exactly in pain, but my muscles are getting uncomfortable and weary. I wonder if I can wheedle someone into giving me a massage when this is all over.

Two performances to go. Here's the information if you're interested in seeing it:

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM

in the Shapiro Theater at Brandeis University

March 20th, 8PM and March 22nd, 2PM

Come see us if you get the chance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...