Thursday, October 6, 2011

Practicing on my own


Work for the last couple of days has been a string of HIGH STRESS CHALLENGE WILL I BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT alternating with oh thank God I managed to take care of that and then more OH NO ANOTHER HIGH STRESS CHALLENGE PLEASE DON'T LET ME FUCK THIS UP, and so on and so forth. Could be worse. Could be crashing and burning. I'm handling it, but it's got me very on edge.

In less stressful news, I have decided that I am going to use practicing what I learn in my ballet class as a workout. I have gotten so fed up with my old workouts that I think this will energize me to keep up with physical activity. I'm really enjoying ballet, though I find it very challenging and am definitely not very good. But I want to get better, so hopefully that will be motivation enough to practice, which will simultaneously help me improve and keep me exercising. Yesterday I went home after work, walked to the gym, practiced for about forty minutes, went into the weight room to do some abdominal exercises, and then walked home again. I felt very good afterward, and my muscles felt like they got a good workout without being extremely sore. I worked away from the ballet bar so as to practice my balance, and I paid very close attention to keeping my torso above my legs and to how I moved my arms. My ballet arms have been consistently quite ugly, which irks me, oddly shaped and too tense at the shoulder. I also find it difficult to coordinate their movements with what I'm doing with my legs. These are things I'll particularly have to practice as I work on my own.

I've got the class again tonight, so I may just see that I get in some walking today to keep things balanced. Carolyn went with me this past Tuesday. it's Bring a Friend week, so we both got to take the class for free. (Tonight's the same, if anyone is interested!) It was very fun having a friend along, and she really is wonderful company. She's been a dancer for many years, so she's far and away ahead of me, but I hope I didn't embarrass myself too badly. :-) I have a lot to work on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...