Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bedroom vanity, mk1

I got my new little table!


It fits perfectly, the right width to use the space without crowding it and just deep enough to be useful without blocking the doorway into the office. Right now the mirror is just sitting on top of it and looks to be all right, but I'm a little nervous of it just perching up there unsecured. If the table got knocked, it could come crashing down. So I should probably attach it to the wall anyway. I think I will try to do that today. Wish me luck that I don't damage the wall.

Also, I mentioned I wanted to stain this table. It's totally unfinished so I think I'll try to make it match the wood of my bedroom furniture, which you can see here in the frame of the mirror. It's actually a nicer piece than I thought from the seller's photo, so if I take a little care it might actually come out quite nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...