Monday, September 13, 2010

Exit pursued by bear


So it seems I will be taking part in Winter's Tale after all. I had definitely decided not to audition when I saw how many people were on the sign up sheet. It would be much better for the club to try and include as many new people as possible, especially if there were a lot of new good actors. At first it seemed like Steph would have no trouble rounding out the cast with solid people, with a respectable numer of new recruits who seemed like decent people. But unfortunately one of the new guys, Dave, turned out to have a family obligation the same weekend as the performances, so he was unable to take the part. It's a real shame; the kid was talented and he seemed like a nice person too. It would have been good to have him as part of the club. At least he seems genuinely interested in taking part, which bodes well for future shows. He should be coming back out next semester, with any luck.

The upshot of this is that Steph asked me to fill in his role for him. Sorry as I am to see Dave go, I think I will enjoy being part of the show. The part I will be playing is Antigonus, the man who bravely steps up to take the rejected baby away, and meets him end by the wild things on the shores of Bohemia. I like the part too, small but interesting, with good business to do onstage and good interactions with other characters. I also get to act out the greatest stage direction in all of Shakespeare-- "exit pursued by bear." :-D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...