Monday, December 22, 2008

Useless scarves


Have you ever seen someone wearing a trenchcoat or something similar with their scarf under the collar of the coat rather than inside it? I've noticed this phenomenon fairly frequently recently, and I don't get it. How can a scarf keep you warm when it's not actually touching your neck? Is it just purely decorative there? That's nice, I guess, but wouldn't it be equally decorative if worn in a way that would also keep you warm?

I'm at home now, curled up in bed. It took almost seven hours to get here and I was fairly carsick, and I'm only just now losing the headache. I was working on coming up with technobabble component piece names for the Paranoia larp, and names for characters. The naming conventions are a three-piece hyphenate. The first part is your given name, usually one syllable, then the first letter of the color of your clearence level, then another one-syllable word to indicate what facility you were spawned in. It's best when it's some sort of pun on a real word. Like, one of the red-level characters is named Hum-R-Us, pronounced 'humorous.' Red  names are pretty easy. I'm trying to come up with I for infrared and Y for yellow. I like them best when the word actually includes the sound of the letter in it-- like Par-I-Ah. Y words or phrases are hard, though. The best I've come up with is Hot-Y-Erd.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...