Friday, July 13, 2012

Good theater news

I have had two cool theater-related things occur in my life recently which I would now like to share. First of all, I am proud to announce that Sherlock Holmes: The Final Adventure has been nominated for five annual DASH awards by EMACT, the Eastern Massachusetts Association of Community Theaters. They are as follows:

Best Supporting Actor, Play - Stephen Turner (Dr. Watson)
Best Set Design - Tom Powers
Best Costume Design - Donna Roessler
Best Stage Management - Harry Manuel
Best Play

Except that Dr. Watson is clearly a lead and not a supporting character, this is cool, especially because I've been told these are the most awards for a single show that the TCAN Players have ever been up for. All our nominees are very deserving, but I'm especially proud of the Best Play nod, as our final product was pretty damn good.

dashaward

Now for the second bit of cool news. As you may have noticed, I put up an announcement about how DREAM, the reimagined Midsummer I'm going to be playing Helena in, still needed a few more actors. I will now have the privilege to be playing across Plesser as Demetrius and Nick Martucci as Peter Quince. I've never gotten to interact much with Plesser onstage, so I'm super excited about that. I also like the changing up of roles-- the first time we did this show, he was Lysander and I was Puck. In Charlotte's Liquid Latex dance, he was Bottom and I was Titania. Now we're Demetrius and Helena. And I understand that this will be Nick's triumphant return to theater after focusing on film for a long time, as well as his first Shakespearean role. Unfortunately there were other talented friends who were not selected, who I will very much miss working with, but I am glad for those who did get in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...